- "I have come to take you to Tropoje to face you to the people whose lives you have ruined. To give them justice."
- ―Murad reveals his motive to Bryan Mills.
|Profession:||Mafia boss, gangster|
|Children:||Marko, unknown son|
|Played by:||Rade Šerbedžija|
|First film:||Taken 2|
|Last film:||Taken 2|
Murad Hoxha was the head of the Albanian mafia, alpha sex trafficker and the main antagonist in the 2012 film Taken 2.
He is portrayed by Rade Šerbedžija.
Murad is the father of Marko Hoxha, one of the kidnappers who took Bryan Mills' daughter, Kim, in the first film. Bryan ended up killing Marko by electrocuting him, and Murad becomes hellbent on avenging his son as well as the many other Albanians Bryan killed during his search for Kim.
Murad and his men torture a corrupt officer named Jean-Claude Pitrel, an ex-friend of Bryan, to learn Bryan's identity before killing him, then track Bryan, Kim and his wife Lenore to Istanbul in Turkey. Murad's men capture both Bryan and Lenore but Kim, who is still at the hotel, receives instructions from Bryan which allows her to help free him. An obvious misogynist, Murad tells Bryan while in captivity that Kim will be sold back into prostitution to be "had by so many men that she will be nothing more than a piece of meat not even a dog would have" and he will have to watch Lenore die of blood loss. He then has his men cut a small slit in her neck and hangs Lenore upside down, right in front of Bryan. Murad then leaves to make sure Kim is captured, but she has already escaped and is making her way towards the location of her parents. Kim lets Bryan out and the two escape. Murad's men pursue them but they manage to escape unharmed.
Towards the end of the film, Bryan finds Murad's safe house where Lenore is being held captive. Bryan kills the last of Murad's men before confronting Murad himself. Murad claims that if Bryan kills him, his sons will try to avenge him, so Bryan agrees to let him go as long as Murad leaves him and his family alone. Bryan drops his gun and begins to walk away, but Murad picks it up and aims it at him. However, Bryan had intentionally unloaded it beforehand and realises that Murad will never drop his vendetta against him. Knowing that his family will always be under threat as long as Murad is alive, Bryan kills him by pushing him into a coat hook, which impales him through the back of the neck.
- "He slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons. The dead cry out to us for justice. On their souls, I swear to you. The man who took our loved ones from us, the man who has brought us such pain and sorrow, we will find him. We will bring him here. We will not rest until his blood flows into this very ground. We will have our revenge."
- "If it brings them peace, call it whatever you want."
- "I don't care what he did!"